Author Topic: Quality of life requests  (Read 435 times)

GraaD

Quality of life requests
« on: April 14, 2021, 10:48:45 AM »
Ah, a new Forum. Fresh and clean... Well, let's fill it with something, shall we?

First of all, I want to express my deepest gratitude to Gemini for his great work. Thanks to his passion these retro gems are playable on modern hardware in the best way possible and can now be freely moded to one's heart's content. But there's no limit to perfection, is there? Thus I humbly suggest a few quality of life changes which may or may not be greatly appreciated by many other people eventually. Here's a short list of things that come to my mind after a bit of tinkering with the game:

1) Add an option to hide mouse cursor in fullscreen mode (or hide it by default when over the game's window). Sometimes it simply gets in the way of an immersive experience so an ability to hide it would be for the best.

2) Allow to bind more keyboard keys such as TAB, SHIFT, CTRL, ALT and perhaps LMB, RMB, MMB as well through the config menu or ingame controls menu. I know it's possible to bind them by directly editing the config.ini file and they work perfectly well, but it's hardly an option for some people who just want to freely adjust controls.

3) Add the secondary keyboard buttons to the rebind controls config manu just like you did in RE3. They are already supported by the game as config.ini contains those secondary values (unlike RE2 which makes it inferior of the three in terms of controls for now), but the only way to adjust them right now is by editing the file manually.

These are all minor things and most people use gamepads anyway. But I know there are people out there who would find these small improvements rather helpful. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free to speak up. That's what forums are for, right?

P.S. Forgive my grammar for english is not my native language.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:50:53 AM by GraaD »

JustanotherArda

• Uh huh, yeah.
Re: Quality of life requests
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
Adding the option to hide the mouse cursor and allowing the binding of the buttons you said from the configuration screen would be really well. Although I believe that he will ultimately include these improvements that you mentioned here, it would be better to write anyway.

Gemini

• Sherry's annihilator
  • Administrator
  • REbirthed overlord
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 12:32:24 AM »
1) It's there in the DX9 version.
2) Tab, shift, and ctrl might be added at some point. They are not there since the game doesn't even map them, according to the internal virtual key list. As for Alt or mouse buttons, nope, they are glitchy as hell and produce weird behavior. You can map them manually if you want, but I won't implement them.
3) I'll probably disable that capability altogether, since it can be used for cheating in runs.
Make retro PC ports great again.

Sephiroth

• You are GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:52:48 AM »
all good i would say just keep the games in line with each other feature wise if possible as for specifics maybe add 4k res and higher if its not already there and skip cutscene