Author Topic: i can't seem to get the controls to function  (Read 2761 times)

cressalucard

i can't seem to get the controls to function
« on: June 18, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »
i can't seem to get the controls to function. i've gotten the game configuration file to recognize controls but once i get into the game it doesn't recognize my keyboard or my gamepad. i've correctly configured both resident evil 1 and resident evil 2 so i'm not sure what the difference with resident evil 3 would be. any troubleshooting ideas? is it possible that this is a bug with my specific specifications?

Accandon

Re: i can't seem to get the controls to function
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 11:43:00 PM »
That's weird. Did you rebind the controls in the config menu?

ChiefJustice

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:58:32 PM »
I have the very same problem, I cant even rebind controls in the configuration window. Nothing works not even the keyboard. I am using the official sourcenext Biohazard 3 version. I tried other versions just to test it(Taiwanese and Chinese version) but controls doesnt work. I am stuck at main menu of the game because of this. This is caused by draw.dll so I hope there will be a link to maybe older versions of patch and hopefully some of them will work.

ChiefJustice

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:02:19 PM »
One nuance that I found out is when I enter the game and push F9 to turn off the game it automatically cancels the action and doesnt turn off the game (since you must click F9 twice to turn off and any other button cancels it), as if there is some button constantly pushed.