Author Topic: Game crashes during Carlos Clock Tower sequence  (Read 196 times)

PCF13

Game crashes during Carlos Clock Tower sequence
« on: July 03, 2021, 11:12:59 PM »
Hey all,

Recently I've been playing Resident Evil 3 for the very first time, and I've really been enjoying it! However, at the point where you play as Carlos in the Clock Tower, there's a part early on where you have to push a bell out of the way (which Jill was unable to do due to being too heavy) and exit via a door. After the door animation finishes, the game's audio stutters twice and the game crashes.  ???

https://i.imgur.com/RcPbMl2.jpeg

At first, I thought this may have to do with me using ReShade in order to force SMAA into the game, so I uninstalled ReShade and attempted to reproduce the error. Yet again, the game crashed. I have attempted 5 times to pass this sequence, but it crashes every time. I don't know what could be causing this, as I am using no external programs other than ReShade.

Thank you for your time
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:21:51 PM by PCF13 »

PCF13

Re: Game crashes during Carlos Clock Tower sequence
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 09:48:56 AM »
Never mind, it seems this issue was solved by setting the game to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. I suggest any others with this issue do the same.

Gemini

• Sherry's annihilator
  • Administrator
  • REbirthed overlord
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 05:50:20 PM »
It's randomly happening only to a few people. No idea what causes it yet, but sending crash reports can give me an idea. Also compatibility modes shouldn't be used, they make the situation even worse.
Make retro PC ports great again.

PCF13

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
Right, I don't plan on using compatibility modes past that point as otherwise, Windows 10 support is flawless. I would send you a crash report but by now I am past the hospital sequence